Friday, September 4, 2009

You Never Really Know People

I just found out my wife can make donuts. She just mentioned that she was in the mood to make donuts. I was astounded, My Wife Can Make Donuts! So I was just staring at her. She said "What, you're looking at me like I've never made donuts for you before.

In 20 years of marriage she has never made me donuts. Never even indicated that it was even an option. TWENTY YEARS. No Donuts.

We had been married 16 years before either of us knew the other liked Cheese-Whiz. Disgusting stuff really. But I admit that I love the stuff.

I have to wonder what else she is keeping from me.

Right now she is laughing at me and insisting that she is not hiding things from me.

But all I know is that for 16 years I walked by the Cheese-Whiz in the grocery store, assuming that she hated the stuff and trying to be considerate. And if I wanted donuts that involved a trip to the bakery. Maybe I will just forget how to grill steak for the next 20 years.

Oh hell, who am I kidding. I'll grill up a steak for her anytime she is willing to make donuts for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment