Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dead Land Journal July 2nd, 2027

Lisa I know you disapproved of those fancy bread machines, you thought they were cheating, but I am terrible at baking. I found one at Wal-Mart that looks simple enough and I have been able to find everything else I need for some of the recipes I found in the bread machine's little cookbook. The dry yeast I found even seems to be ok. The first loaf was a little hard, but edible.

Dee was kind in her assessment of my baking skills, but at least Emily liked it. I found out a little more about Dee today. Her full name is Delores H. Mason. At least that was what was printed on the inside of a pair of shoes I found in the back yard. Don's know what the H stands for. She says they are hers. Never really like the name Delores. It was the name of my least favorite Aunt. So I will just call her Dee.

Even though she is not really our daughter, she still reminds me of you. Dee likes peanut butter toast like you used to. She refuses to keep shoes on her feet and she likes to slide around on hardwood floors with her socks on.

God I miss you.

© 2009 R. Keith McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment