Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dead Land Journal July 20th

I decided against putting a cast on Dee's arm. She is doing fine with the splint and I am able to keep her cleaner that way. Emily is still very protective of her but no longer growls when I approach.

Dee is starting to talk more, but I still know very little about her or how she survived on her own. I think I almost fed her something she is allergic to yesterday. I thought the canned strawberries I found would be a special treat for her, but she started crying when she saw them like she was scared of them. I'm just glad I didn't have everything I needed to make that strawberry-banana bread I found in the bread book I have. She would not have known they were there until it was too late. Sometime this week I am going to try to get her to show me where she lived before. If I can find any medical records and see if she has any other allergies or medical conditions I should know about. Be a good idea to look out for any pictures. It would be a shame for her to forget her parents and as young as she is that could easily happen.

© 2009 R. Keith McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment