Saturday, February 20, 2010

Death of a Scanner

I am sorry to announce that my scanner/printer/copier has committed suicide. This tragedy occurred yesterday afternoon following the repeated failure of the machine's printer. As most electronics sold in this country, this printer was made in Japan. As most Japanese warriors this machine had a highly developed sense of personal honor and it could not live with its failure. So while I was attempting to find the problem it suddenly wrested itself from my grip and flung itself to the hard concrete floor, whereupon the glass scanner platform shattered. It died instantly.

What this means for my blog is that I will not be able to post typecast segments of my story until the scanner is replaced. This is especially irritating because I just spent $70 on a new toner cartridge for the stupid thing.

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment