Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

I seriously meant to post some kind of Christmas greeting yesterday, but so busy. It was a much better Christmas than I expected. It has been a brutal year and a December has been doing its best to get in a few last minute digs before surrendering. We lost my mother in law in late November, my oldest friend lost his wife of twenty years, quite suddenly, just a few days before Christmas. My wife's cousin lost her husband on Christmas day. No warning at all, she tried to wake him up from a nap and he was gone. Just like that.

And the flu has made its rounds in my house this week. Persistent bug too. I rarely get sick and this one had me floored for a day.

And now here I am trying to wish my readers a Merry Christmas and I screw that up and miss posting it.

But despite everything, it was a good, Christmas. That day, when our family was together and we were able to set our troubles momentarily set aside and just enjoy one another's company. But I will be praying that 2010 is much better than its predecessor.

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment